Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Village of Tong Li, a Chinese Venice of Sorts

This past Monday, I had a chance to tag along with my aunt and uncle on their school reunion trip to a village 90km away from Shanghai called Tong Li. Yes, reunion trip. So a bus full of old people then. But nevermind.

The village is a water town, full of canals, lakes, and streams. People there travel by canal boats and of course, they cater to tourists with open arms. The main attraction there is to see the way people lived hundreds of years ago. Actually, the way wealthy people lived, because they were all old houses that belonged to wealthy businessmen, government ministers, and other peoples of fortune. So it's like travelling to Europe and tour old castles then.

I will update more on this trip when I come back to Canada. In fact, I plan on expanding a lot of these posts when I have the proper computing power to go through all my pictures thoroughly. I've captured about 1600 frames so far and it takes me as long as 3 minutes just to export a raw file into a JPG on this POS HP laptop. I hope to turn this blog into a resource for travelers to Shanghai and China. Right now, just enjoy my pictures :D

Thanks for all your comments on blogspot and facebook! It makes me happy when I read them! :)



Take your contacts everywhere. Try Messenger for mobile

1 comment: